Grandma Daisy's Cracker Cookies
- 28 round crackers (such as Ritz Honey Wheat)
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 10-ounce bag bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Flaked salt (optional)
- Spread the flat side of 14 of the crackers evenly with peanut butter. Top with a second cracker to make 14 sandwiches.
- Place the chocolate chips in a medium glass-microwave-safe bowl and microwave on medium for 20 seconds. Stir well with a rubber spatula. Return to the microwave and repeat, stirring well after each 20-second increment, until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Stir in the oil.
- Working one at a time, roll the edges of each cookie in the chocolate to seal. Dip the entire cookie in the chocolate, using a fork to flip it, and cover completely. Lift the cookie from the chocolate using the fork and allow the excess chocolate to drip off, back into the bowl.
- Place the cookies on a parchment-lined baking tray and sprinkle with the salt, if using. Refrigerate until the chocolate is set. Store in the fridge until you're ready for cookies and a game of cards!
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 17 grams
- 4 grams
- 13 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 8 grams
- 1 milligrams
- 119 milligrams
- 2 grams
- 8 grams