Chocolate Almond Sandwich Cookies
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 cup roasted smooth unsalted almond butter
- 1/4 cup 1/2 stick unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (such as Scharffenberger)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
- 2 cups instant cooking rolled oats
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 8 ounces 1 bar cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
For the cookies:
For the filling:
- This recipe originated on Giada Entertains. Episode: TV Dinner.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond butter, butter and sugar. Using a handheld mixer, beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the cocoa powder, salt, extract, baking soda and eggs and mix to combine. Fold in the oats and mini chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate the dough for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop 15 heaping tablespoon size rounds of dough 1 inch apart on each tray. Bake for 10 to 11 minutes or until just set around the edges and still soft in the middle, rotating the trays halfway through. Allow to cool for 10 minutes on the tray before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile in a medium bowl combine the cream cheese, butter, cocoa powder, salt and sugar. Using a handheld mixer, beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Spread a heaping tablespoon of the filling on the flat side of half of the cooled cookies. Sandwich the remaining half of the cookies, flat side against the filling. Store in the refrigerator and remove 30 minutes before serving.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 37 grams
- 8 grams
- 24 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 9 grams
- 56 milligrams
- 209 milligrams
- 4 grams
- 17 grams