Asian Sesame Chicken Wings
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 pound chicken wings (tips removed and wings split)
- 1/3 cup low-sodium tamari
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons grated candied ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest (from 1 lime)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice (from 1 lime 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro)
- 1 teaspoon toasted white sesame seeds
- Place the chicken wings in a zipper-lock plastic bag. In a small bowl, whisk together the tamari, water, sesame oil, candied ginger, lime zest, and lime juice. Pour the marinade over the wings and seal the bag. Toss the wings in the marinade. Place the bag in the refrigerator and allow the wings to marinate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Spray a small, rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Pour the contents of the bag onto the baking sheet, spreading the wings out so they do not touch each other. Place the sheet in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, flipping the wings halfway through, until they are golden brown and glazed in the marinade.
- Allow the wings to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes. Before serving, sprinkle with the cilantro and sesame seeds.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 7 grams
- 15 grams
- 12 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 3 grams
- 84 milligrams
- 964 milligrams
- 6 grams