Simple Truffle Pizza
1 pound pizza dough, Giada’s recipe or storebought
Flour, for dusting
1 14-ounce can pomodorini tomatoes, such as Corbara
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 to 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, torn into bite-sized pieces
Extra-virgin olive oil (for drizzling)
Freeze-dried or fresh truffles, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F.
- Dust a rimmed baking sheet lightly with flour. Place the pizza dough on the flour and gently stretch and form the dough into a 12 by 13-inch oval using your fingertips.
- Pour the pomodorini tomatoes into a medium bowl. Using kitchen scissors, slice up the tomatoes into smaller pieces. You can also use your hands to crush the tomatoes. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Spoon the tomato sauce over the pizza dough, leaving ½ inch empty around the rim for a crust. Sprinkle the torn mozzarella over the sauce, and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, allow the pizza to cool slightly for 5 minutes. Top with freshly shaved truffle, slice and serve.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
- 61 grams
- 20 grams
- 15 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 6 grams
- 28 milligrams
- 987 milligrams
- 4 grams
- 8 grams