Parsley Lemon Pesto
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 lb farfalle pasta
- 2 1/2 cups tightly packed Italian parsley leaves (about 2 ounces)
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from about ½ lemon)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel (from about 1 lemon)
1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the parsley, pine nuts, lemon juice, and lemon peel. With the machine running, gradually add the oil, blending until the mixture is creamy. Transfer the pesto to a large bowl. Stir in the Parmesan, and ½ teaspoon of each salt and pepper.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until the pasta is al dente. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water. Add the pasta to the large bowl with the pesto. Using a large spoon or rubber spatula, toss the pesto with the pasta adding pasta water as needed to thin the sauce. Serve warm or at room temperature.