You must be signed in to print this content
Orange Grilled Shrimp with Cocoa Nib Gremolata
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest plus 1/4 cup juice (1 orange)
- 1 teaspoon Calabrian chili paste
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves (chopped)
- 1/4 cup roasted pistachios (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cocoa nibs
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (1/2 orange)
- 1/4 heaping teaspoon kosher salt
For The Shrimp:
For The Gremolata:
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada Entertains. Episode: Valentine's Day Cookout.
- Special equipment: twelve 8-inch bamboo skewers, soaked if using a grill
- For the shrimp: Combine the orange zest and juice, chili paste, salt and olive oil in a medium bowl, mix well. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- For the gremolata: Meanwhile, mix together the cocoa nibs, pistachios, parsley, orange zest, olive oil and salt in a small bowl.
- To grill the shrimp: Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Thread the shrimp onto 12-inch bamboo skewers, 2 per skewer. Grill the shrimp until opaque all the way through, about 3 minutes per side. Remove the shrimp skewers to a platter, drizzle with the gremolata and serve.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 60 grams
- 43 grams
- 22 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 9 grams
- 122 milligrams
- 749 milligrams
- 5 grams
- 7 grams