You must be signed in to print this content
Lemon Basil Spritz
- 5 basil leaves
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) fresh lemon juice, from one medium lemon or half a large lemon
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) limoncello
- Ice Cubes
- Sparkling wine or prosecco
- Lemon wedge and basil for garnishing, if desired
- Add the basil leaves, lemon juice and limoncello to a cocktail shaker. In the shaker, muddle the basil leaves for about 20 seconds, making sure to give them a good crush to extract the flavor of the basil leaves. Fill the shaker halfway with ice. Close tightly and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Strain the liquid into a wine glass - use a fine mesh strainer as opposed to a cocktail strainer if you want to strain out all of the bits of basil. Add ice and top with sparkling wine or prosecco to finish. Garnish with basil and lemon, if desired.