Lemon Basil Sorbetto
Giada De Laurentiis
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 sprigs fresh basil (plus 5 leaves, chopped)
- Zest of 4 lemons (removed with a vegetable peeler, plus 2 cups lemon juice (from about 10 lemons))
- Pinch of kosher salt
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada Entertains: Taste Of Capri Party.
- In a small sauce pan, combine the sugar, basil sprigs, lemon zest and salt. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, stirring often to dissolve the sugar. Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Strain the syrup into a bowl and stir in the lemon juice. Pour the syrup into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's directions. Once partially frozen, sprinkle in the basil leaves and continue to freeze until firm. Pour into an airtight container and place in the freezer to freeze completely.
- Serving option: Scoop 1 or 2 small scoops of sorbetto into a coupe glass and top with a splash of prosecco.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 70 grams
- 21 milligrams
- 1 grams
- 68 grams