Kid Friendly Italian Chicken Fingers
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- 1 tablespoon salt (divided)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Olive oil (to drizzle)
- 3/4 cup of store-bought or prepared marinara (to serve)
- Put an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Season the chicken tenders evenly with a teaspoon of salt.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour with the remaining 2 teaspoons salt. In a second medium bowl, whisk together the eggs. In a third medium bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs and parmesan. Dredge the chicken in the flour and then into the egg mixture. Allow any excess egg mixture to drip off and coat the chicken in the breadcrumb mixture. Arrange the breaded chicken in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake until golden and cooked through, about 13 to 15 minutes.
- Warm a bowl of marinara in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- Arrange the chicken on a platter and serve warm marinara on the side.