You must be signed in to print this content
Italian Egg and Pasta Scramble
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces smoked mozzarella (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 ounces pancetta (coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 8 thin asparagus stalks (trimmed, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces)
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the orzo and cook until al dente, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Drain the orzo.
- Whisk the eggs, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl to blend. Stir in the cheese and basil. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the pancetta and saute until crisp and golden, about 5 minutes. Add the onion and saute until tender, about 2 minutes. Add the asparagus and saute until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Add the orzo and stir to coat. Add the egg mixture. Using a rubber spatula, stir the mixture until the eggs are softly set, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer the egg mixture to a serving bowl and serve.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 7 grams
- 13 grams
- 14 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 6 grams
- 251 milligrams
- 258 milligrams
- 1 grams
- 1 grams