Giada De Laurentiis
- 2 pints yellow tomatoes, such as sungold
- 2 heaping cups chopped cucumber (from 3 persian cucumbers, or 1 English cucumber)
- 1 small sweet onion or ½ large, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup green grapes
1/2 teaspoon Calabrian chili paste, optional
- 1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus extra for seasoning if needed
- 3 heaping cups cubed ciabatta bread 1”, from about 3 thick slices
1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Extra virgin olive oil, , such as Gran Riserva
- Balsamic vinegar, such as Bellei
For The Gazpacho:
For The Croutons:
- For the gazpacho: Place the tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, basil, green grapes, Calabrian chili paste and salt in a blender. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt, to taste. Refrigerate for 2 hours until ready to serve.
- For the croutons: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the cubed ciabatta bread on a sheet tray. Drizzle with the olive oil and evenly sprinkle with oregano and salt. Toss with your hands to coat. Bake for 15 minutes or until evenly golden brown, but not burnt. Set aside to cool.
- To serve, ladle the chilled soup into bowls and top with olive oil, basil, and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.