You must be signed in to print this content
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese (at room temperature 1 cup heavy whipping cream)
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 6 homemade or store-bought mini cupcakes (unfrosted)
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream (softened)
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup amaretto
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 homemade or store-bought mini chocolate cupcakes (unfrosted)
Mascarpone Whipped Cream:
- For the whipped cream: In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the mascarpone, heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla. Whip until soft peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- For the garnish: Transfer 1/4 cup of the whipped cream into a piping bag and frost 6 of the cupcakes. Decorate the tops with some of the sprinkles. Place the frosted cupcakes in the freezer, and chill the rest of the whipped cream in the refrigerator while you make the shake.
- For the shake: In a blender, combine the ice cream, milk, amaretto, and cocoa, and blend until smooth. Add the 6 unfrosted cupcakes and pulse a few times to incorporate, then puree until the cupcakes are mixed well throughout the shake.
- Pour the milkshake into 6 glasses and top with a dollop of the reserved whipped cream and some sprinkles. Push a straw through each frosted mini cupcake and insert the straws into the shakes.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 32 grams
- 12 grams
- 34 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 9 grams
- 31 milligrams
- 681 milligrams
- 9 grams
- 14 grams