Croissant Grilled Cheese
Giada De Laurentiis
- 2 croissants
- 1/4 cup grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Slice the croissants in half across the equator. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of cheddar cheese on the bottom half of each croissant. Sprinkle an even amount of parmesan and basil on each half. Place the tops on each croissant.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the oil to the pan and heat until hot. Add the sandwiches to the pan, top side down and press down on the sandwiches with a flat lid or the bottom of another pan. Cook for 2 minutes under the lid or until golden brown. Flip the sandwiches and return the lid to the top. Cook an additional 2 minutes until the cheese is melted and the sandwiches are golden brown on both sides. Serve hot.