Crab Summer Rolls
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tamari or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic chili paste (such as sriracha)
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups cooked rice sticks/noodles (about 2 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 6 sheets rice paper wrappers
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro sprigs
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup lump crabmeat
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into thin strips)
- 1 cucumber (peeled, seeded and cut into thin strips)
For The Sauce:
For The Rolls:
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada Entertains. Episode: Taste The World Party.
- For the sauce:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, tamari, chili paste, ginger and 1 tablespoon water. Set aside to let the flavors marry for about 10 minutes.
- For the rolls:
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss the rice noodles with the sesame oil.
- Fill a pie pan with warm tap water. Working with one wrapper at a time, soak the rice paper in the warm water for about 30 seconds or until pliable. Lay a few pieces of cilantro and basil across the center of the wrapper. Top the herbs with some crab, followed by some of the red pepper and cucumber. Top with approximately 1/3 cup of the dressed rice noodles. Roll the edge closest to you over the filling, pulling tightly. Fold in the ends and continue to roll to seal. Store on a tray with a damp paper towel. Continue with the remaining wrappers and filling. Serve with the dipping sauce.