Chocolate Chip and Cinnamon Breakfast Pizzelles
The Giadzy Kitchen
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 large egg whites (at room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons butter, melted, plus extra for greasing the waffle iron)
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the waffle iron to medium-high heat.
- Whisk the sugar, egg whites, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl until frothy. Whisk in the butter, flour, and cinnamon until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Brush the waffle cooking surfaces with melted butter. Pour 1/2 cupfuls of batter into the waffle iron and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Transfer the pizzelles to a cooling rack. Cool completely. Store the pizzelles airtight at room temperature.