This post is brought to you in partnership with Thomas’.
Sweet. Savory. So good.
This panini might only call for 5 ingredients, but it packs big delicious contrasting flavor. A little sweetness from beloved Thomas’ Cinnamon Swirl Bread and orange marmalade, a little saltiness from bacon, and a lot of cheesy decadence from melted white cheddar.
Thomas’ just so happens to be celebrating their 140th anniversary this year, and we couldn’t be more thrilled to partake in the celebrations! We created a recipe a few months back for a Caprese Bagel Strata (it’s a must-make for weekend brunch) and it got a snazzy 2-page spread in the brand new Thomas’ cookbook!
Thomas’ is giving away 140 physical copies of this bright, beautiful and fun cookbook full of amazing recipe ideas – check out their Instagram to try and win one for yourself! Don’t worry if you aren’t one of the lucky winners, though – the cookbook is available for everyone to download. Get in on this fun and tap the link below for your copy!
Oh, and the perfect snack to whip up while you flip through the pages? This sweet and savory cinnamon swirl panini right here.
Sweet and Savory Cinnamon Swirl Panini
- 8 slices Thomas’ Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 10ounce package thinly sliced bacon, cooked and drained
- 1 cup grated white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Lay 8 slices of Thomas’s Cinnamon Swirl Bread on a board. Spread a 1/2 tablespoon of marmalade on each slice. Divide the bacon evenly over 4 slices breaking it in half as needed. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the cheddar on top of the bacon and top with the remaining 4 slices of bread, marmalade side down. Spread 1/2 tablespoon of mayonnaise on the top of each sandwich.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add as many sandwiches as will fit comfortably in the pan, mayonnaise side down. Place a lid that is slightly smaller than the pan on top of the sandwiches and press down gently. Cook for 4 minutes or until deep golden brown on the first side. Remove the lid and spread a 1/2 tablespoon of mayonnaise on the top slice of the sandwich. Flip the sandwiches and cook an additional 3 minutes or until golden and the cheese is melted. Remove the sandwiches to a wire rack and continue with the remaining sandwiches if needed. Slice on the diagonal before serving warm.