Zucchini Lasagna Rolls
- 1 15-ounce container whole milk ricotta cheese, excess liquid drained out
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 cup grated Parmesan
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large zucchini, sliced into thin strips with a vegetable peeler
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups marinara sauce, divided, such as Bio Orto
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella (about 4 to 6 ounces)
For The Filling:
For The Assembly:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- With a rubber spatula, mix the ricotta, spinach, oregano, Parmesan, prosciutto, egg and salt in a medium bowl to blend. Set aside.
- Evenly coat a large baking dish or braising pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Pour one cup of the marinara sauce over the bottom of the pan.
Meanwhile, assemble the zucchini rolls on a clean cutting board or work surface. Dollop about a tablespoon of the ricotta spinach filling on one end of a zucchini slice, then roll the zucchini up. Place the rolls in the skillet either standing up or seam-side down, making sure they aren't touching one another so there is room for steam to escape. Repeat with the remaining slices of zucchini and ricotta filling.
- Carefully ladle the remaining cup of marinara over and in between the zucchini rolls. Sprinkle with the shredded mozzarella. Bake in the oven uncovered for 30 minutes, or until golden brown and the excess liquid from the zucchini has evaporated. Serve hot.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
- 18 grams
- 29 grams
- 26 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 13 grams
- 112 milligrams
- 1414 milligrams
- 4 grams
- 7 grams