You must be signed in to print this content
Sheet Pan Sausage And Peppers
Giada De Laurentiis
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into ½” strips
- 1 yellow onion, cut into ½” half-moon slices
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausages*
- Fresh basil, for topping, optional
- Serving suggestion: Add to hoagie rolls, serve with rice or orzo, on top of polenta, or with mashed potatoes
- Prepare a sheet pan with a piece of parchment paper, and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add the bell peppers, onion, and cherry tomatoes to the prepared sheet tray. Drizzle the olive oil evenly over the veggies, and add the salt, oregano, and pepper flakes if using. Toss everything together right on the sheet tray.
- Nestle the sausages onto the sheet tray in between the veggies. Spread the veggies out evenly on the tray.
- Cook for 20 to 23 minutes, until the sausages are golden, and the vegetables look tender. Set the oven to broil and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until everything appears extra crisp and golden brown. Remove from the oven. Top with basil, if using, and serve according to suggestions.
- *Cook’s Note: If cooking turkey or chicken sausages, ensure the internal temperature of the sausages reaches at least 160 degrees F. If cooking pork sausages, the temperature must reach at least 145 degrees F. Cook in additional 5-minute increments if the temperature has not yet been reached.