Vegetarian Soba Noodle Salad
Giada De Laurentiis
- Kosher salt
- 8 ounces dried buckwheat soba noodles
- 1/3 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- One 1 1/2-inch piece fresh ginger (peeled and coarsely chopped)
- One 1 1/2-pound head napa cabbage (cored and shredded)
- 3 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 red bell pepper (cored, seeded and thinly sliced)
- 1 hothouse cucumber (peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced into 1/4-inch-thick half-moon shapes)
- 1 cup slivered almonds (toasted, see Cook's Note)
- 3 tablespoons black sesame seeds
For The Dressing:
For The Salad:
- Boil a large pot of salted water over high heat. Cook the noodles until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes. Rinse the noodles in cold water, drain and place in a serving bowl.
For the dressing:
- Combine the almond butter, soy sauce, lime juice, olive oil, sesame oil, honey, wasabi and ginger in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the noodles. Add the cabbage, green onions, bell peppers, cucumbers and almonds. Toss until all the ingredients are coated. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.