You must be signed in to print this content
Grilled Panzanella Salad
Giada De Laurentiis
- 6 1½-inch-thick slices of rustic wheat bread
- 2 medium zucchini (halved lengthwise)
- 2 Italian eggplants (halved lengthwise)
- 2 small fennel bulbs (halved lengthwise)
- 4 medium heirloom tomatoes (halved)
- 2 large green onions (trimmed)
½ cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves (about 1 bunch)
¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill.
- Arrange the bread slices and all of the vegetables in a single layer on a heavy baking sheet. Drizzle with ½ cup of the oil and season with ½ teaspoon of the salt and the pepper. Grill in batches until grill-marked and tender, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, cut the bread into 1-inch cubes and transfer to a large bowl. Chop the vegetables into 1-inch pieces and add to the bowl. Add the basil and toss together with the bread and vegetables to gently combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, the balsamic vinegar, and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss until coated. Serve immediately.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 37 grams
- 7 grams
- 25 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 4 grams
- 420 milligrams
- 10 grams
- 16 grams