Tuna Crostini With Goat Cheese Mascarpone
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) goat cheese
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) mascarpone
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, from one lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, from one lemon
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
8 ounces oil-packed tuna filets, drained, such as Armatore
- Fresh chives, chopped fine
For The Crostini:
For The Goat Cheese Spread:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a slight bias, slice the baguette into 1/4-inch slices. Brush the slices with the 1/4 cup olive oil, then place on a baking sheet. Bake until golden brown and crunchy, 10 to 12 minutes. Set aside to cool.
For the goat cheese mascarpone: Using a rubber spatula, mix the goat cheese, mascarpone, lemon zest and lemon juice together until well combined and smooth. Set aside.
To assemble: Place a dollop of the goat cheese mixture on each crostini, using a spoon or offset spatula to spread it out, and top with a filet of tuna. Assemble the crostini on a platter. Top with fresh chives and serve.