Red Snapper Puttanesca
Giada De Laurentiis
- One 1 to 1 1/2-pound red snapper (cleaned, gutted and fins removed)
- Kosher salt
- 4 stems rosemary
- 3 stems oregano
- 1/2 orange (sliced (about 3 slices))
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 orange bell pepper (cut into 1/2 inch strips)
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into 1/2 inch strips)
- 1/2 red onion (cut into thin strips)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Olive oil
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada's Holiday Handbook. Episode: The Night Before Christmas Party.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Position a rack in the top third of the oven.
- Dry the snapper very well inside. and out. Score the skin twice on each side. Season inside and out with 1 1/4 teaspoons salt. Stuff the cavity with the rosemary, oregano and orange slices and close the belly around the filling.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss together the capers, orange and red bell peppers, onions, red pepper flakes, 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Place the fish in the middle of the vegetables and rub the skin with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Roast until the fish is cooked through and tender when pierced with a fork, 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer to a platter to rest.
- Add the roasted vegetables to a blender, puree until smooth.
- Using a butter knife, cut the top fillet away from the fish by following the spine down the center of the fish. Remove the fillet with a fork. Flip the fish and repeat on the other side.
- Serve the fillets with the spicy roasted pepper puree.