Potato Pizza With Olives And Rosemary
1 pound store bought pizza dough, or Giada’s recipe
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced into rings
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons pitted Leccino black olives, torn in thirds
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Flake salt, to finish, optional
Place the pizza dough in an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Allow the dough to sit at room temperature for 1 ½ hours.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F. Adjust one rack on the bottom third and another on the top third of the oven. Grease a rimmed baking sheet and set aside.
- Thinly slice the potatoes on a madeleine making them as even as possible. Rinse them in cold water and dry them well on a clean dish towel. Add the dry potatoes to a large bowl along with the sliced shallots, 3 tablespoons olive oil, koshers salt, rosemary, pepper flakes and olives. Toss well to coat the potatoes in the oil and spices.
- Stretch the dough into a 13x11 inch oval on the prepared baking sheet. Shingle the potatoes and shallots evenly around the dough almost entirely to the edges covering all of the dough. Press gently on the potatoes to stretch the dough a little more if needed. Tuck the black olives in between a few of the potatoes. Bake on the lower third of the oven for 8 minutes. Rotate the tray to the top third of the oven and continue to bake for another 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and beginning to brown in spots. Remove from the oven and drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and a pinch of flake salt if using. Cut into wedges or squares and serve warm.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
- 81 grams
- 24 grams
- 24 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 7 grams
- 19 milligrams
- 1087 milligrams
- 6 grams
- 9 grams