Giada's Pork Meatballs Over Arugula
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons whole milk (at room temperature)
- 1 egg (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound sweet Italian sausage (casing removed)
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 24 ounce jar marinara sauce
- 1/2 5 ounce container baby arugula, about 4 cups
- 2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup shaved parmesan cheese
For The Meatballs:
For the Salad:
- This recipe originated on an episode of Giada Entertains. Episode: Weeknight Special.
- In a medium bowl combine the breadcrumbs, milk, egg, ricotta cheese and parmesan. Stir well to combine and allow the breadcrumbs to absorb the liquid. Add the sausage, pork and salt. Using your hands mix gently to combine.
- Heat a medium straight sided skillet over medium heat. Add enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Roll heaping tablespoons of the meat mixture into balls and place in the hot pan. Add as many as the pan will allow without overcrowding, working in two batches if needed. Brown the balls on all sides rotating as needed, about 8 minutes. Remove the balls to a plate when they are browned all over. Continue with the remaining meat. When all the meatballs are browned, pour off the excess oil from the pan. Add the marinera. Return the balls to the sauce and cover the pan. Allow to simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl toss together the arugula, lemon juice, olive oil and parmesan shavings. Divide the salad among 4 to 5 salad bowls and top with 3 to 4 meatballs. Serve with more cheese if desired.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 17 grams
- 40 grams
- 63 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 23 grams
- 170 milligrams
- 2308 milligrams
- 3 grams
- 9 grams