Giada's Creamy Baked Parmesan Pasta
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup 1/2 stick unsalted butter, plus more for the pan
1/4 cup flour, such as Petra
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk (at room temperature)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups grated mild provolone cheese
- 2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 pound medium shell pasta, such as Gnocchetti Napoletani (blanched for 4 minutes, drained and ¼ cup pasta water reserved)
- 3 cups broccoli florets (cut into ½ inch pieces)
For the Topping:
For the Pasta:
- This recipe originated on an episode of Giada Entertains. Episode: Weeknight Special.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the panko, parmesan cheese and olive oil. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and set aside.
- Place a medium braiser over medium heat. Melt the butter and whisk in the flour until smooth. Slowly whisk in the milk and cream, whisking constantly to prevent lumps. Bring the milk mixture to a simmer stirring often. Whisk in the provolone and the parmesan until melted and smooth. Season with the salt. Fold in the blanched pasta, pasta water and the broccoli florets. Top with the breadcrumb mixture and bake in the top third of the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 58 grams
- 33 grams
- 53 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 31 grams
- 155 milligrams
- 1374 milligrams
- 3 grams
- 7 grams