Pasta with Spicy Calabrian Shrimp
Main Course pasta
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 lb large shrimp, (peeled and deveined)
3 Tbsp olive oil, (divided, plus more to drizzle)
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1½ tsp Calabrian chile paste
¾ tsp kosher salt, divided, plus more to drizzle, plus more for pasta
- 2 cloves garlic, (smashed and peeled)
½ lb pasta, such as Calamarata
- ½ red onion (diced)
½ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (packed in olive oil)
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, (plus more for serving)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, 2 Tbsp oil, zest, juice, chile paste, ½ tsp salt and garlic, toss well to coat. Set aside at room temperature 10 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, season water generously with salt. Add pasta, cook 2 minutes less than directed on package, about 6 minutes. Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water. Drain pasta. If using gluten-free pasta, rinse under cool running water, drain again.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high. Add remaining 1 Tbsp oil along with onion, remaining ¼ tsp salt and sun-dried tomatoes. Cook 4 minutes, or until onion is soft and fragrant, stirring often. Add shrimp, spreading them evenly so they all make contact with bottom of pan. Cook 3–4 minutes, stirring often, or until shrimp are bright pink and opaque all the way through.
- Add drained pasta to skillet and sprinkle with cheese. Toss well to incorporate cheese and coat pasta with flavored oil. Add reserved pasta water and basil, toss again to create a sauce. Serve with more cheese and a drizzle of olive oil, if desired.
- per serving
- 49 grams
- 13 grams
- 17 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 4 grams
- 9 milligrams
- 678 milligrams
- 3 grams
- 2 grams
- Unsaturated Fat
- 12 grams