Mozzarella, Raspberry, and Brown Sugar Panini
Giada De Laurentiis
- 8 1/2-inch-thick slices bakery-style white bread
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 8 ounces 2 balls fresh mozzarella cheese, drained and patted dry
- Kosher salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Preheat the panini press. Using a pastry brush, brush the bread on both sides with the oil. Spread one side of each slice of bread with the raspberry jam. Sprinkle the rosemary over the jam.
- Cut the mozzarella cheese into 8 slices. Place 2 slices each of cheese on 4 of the bread slices. Season the cheese with a pinch of salt, if using. Place the remaining slices of bread on top, jam-side down. Sprinkle the tops with the brown sugar.
- Press in the panini press for 3 to 5 minutes until the cheese has melted and the bread is golden and crispy. Cut the panini in half and serve.
- Cook's Note: If you do not have a panini press, you can use a grill pan. Preheat the pan, add the sandwiches (in batches, if necessary), and put a weight (such as a brick wrapped in foil or a heavy cast-iron skillet) on top to press them down. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes to brown the first side, flip the sandwich, replace the weight, and grill for 2 to 3 minutes to brown the other side and finish melting the cheese.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 25 grams
- 7 grams
- 12 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 4 grams
- 20 milligrams
- 285 milligrams
- 1 grams
- 11 grams