Macaroni and Cheese
Giada De Laurentiis
- Butter, (for greasing dish)
1 pound pasta, (such as Taccole, pictured above)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2½ cups whole milk
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt, (plus more for pasta water)
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups packed grated Fontina
- ¾ cup packed finely grated Parmesan
- ¾ cup packed grated mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Butter a 13 by 9-inch glass baking dish and set aside. Cook the noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Drain well, but do not rinse.
- Whisk the cream, milk, flour, ½ teaspoon salt, and pepper in large bowl to blend. Stir in 1 cup Fontina, ½ cup Parmesan, and ½ cup mozzarella. Add the noodles and toss to coat. Transfer the noodle mixture to the prepared baking dish. Toss the remaining 1 cup Fontina, ¼ cup Parmesan, and ¼ cup mozzarella in a small bowl to blend. Sprinkle the cheese mixture over the noodle mixture. Bake until the sauce bubbles and the cheese melts and begins to brown on top, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the parsley, and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.