You must be signed in to print this content
Shrimp, Asparagus & Cherry Tomato Pasta
Giada De Laurentiis
- Kosher salt
1 pound long pasta, such as Tripolini, pictured
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Two 12-ounce bags cherry tomatoes (stemmed and halved)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper or Calabrian chili paste
- 3 large cloves garlic (flattened and chopped)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound asparagus (trimmed, stalks cut on a diagonal into 1 to 1 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 pound large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Heat the oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tomatoes, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the crushed red pepper flakes and garlic. Cook for 30 seconds until aromatic. Add the wine and asparagus. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Add the shrimp to the pan and continue to simmer until the shrimp is cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the basil, mint and oregano.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 48 grams
- 34 grams
- 10 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 1 grams
- 286 milligrams
- 1196 milligrams
- 6 grams
- 7 grams