Grilled Plum and Pistachio Salad
Giada De Laurentiis
- 4 plums (pitted, halved and each half cut in 3)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (divided)
- 1 head bibb lettuce (torn into bite-sized pieces)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup toasted pistachios (chopped)
- 1/2 cup ricotta salata cheese shavings
- This recipe originated from Giada In Italy. Episode: La Dolce Vita.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, toss together the plums, 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place the plum wedges on the hot grill pan and grill until nice grill marks have formed, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove to a plate to cool slightly.
- To the large bowl add the lettuce, basil, mint, white balsamic vinegar, remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Using your hands, gently toss to coat the greens, being careful not to bruise the lettuce. Sprinkle the salad with the pistachios and gently place the plums on top. Sprinkle with the ricotta shavings and serve.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 12 grams
- 7 grams
- 16 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 5 grams
- 17 milligrams
- 346 milligrams
- 3 grams
- 8 grams