Giada De Laurentiis
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons good-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 shallot (chopped 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese)
- 1 round sourdough (sliced into 1/3-inch slices)
- 3 or 4 ripe tomatoes (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 medium cucumber or 1/2 of an English cucumber (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (cored, seeded, and sliced into thin strips)
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup basil leaves (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the Feta Spread:
For the Sandwich:
- To make the spread, combine the Dijon, sherry vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, shallot, and feta in the bowl of a food processor. Puree until smooth and set aside.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium high heat. Grill the slices of bread for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Spread each slice of bread with equal amounts of the feta mixture. Fan the sliced tomatoes over the bottom slices and sprinkle with half of the kosher salt. Next, fan the cucumber slices over the tomatoes and top with the pepper slices. Sprinkle with the arugula, cilantro, and basil. Season with the remaining salt and the pepper.
- Top with another slice of bread, cut the sandwich in half, and serve.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 38 grams
- 8 grams
- 7 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 1 grams
- 462 milligrams
- 3 grams
- 6 grams