Crispy Breakfast Pita with Prosciutto
Giada De Laurentiis
- 6 6- inch pita breads
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup 6 ounces mascarpone cheese
- Grated zest of 1/2 large lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 packed cups (3 ounces arugula or baby spinach)
- 8 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill. Brush each side of the pita breads with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil and grill 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until crisp. Remove from the grill and cool slightly.In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Crack the eggs directly into the pan and cook until the egg whites are set, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine the mascarpone cheese, lemon zest, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons olive oil, the lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper until smooth. Add the arugula and toss until coated.
- Spread each pita with 2 tablespoons of the mascarpone mixture. Divide the prosciutto on top. Divide the arugula and mound on top of the prosciutto. Carefully place a fried egg on top of each pita. Season the eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper, and serve.