Giada De Laurentiis
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada Entertains. Episode: Cocktails and Comfort.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a medium bowl set over a double-boiler, stirring with a rubber spatula, until almost entirely melted, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and continue to stir until the chocolate is completely melted, another 30 seconds. Stir in the hazelnut spread. Let cool slightly.
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- If the madeleines have a side with a bump, trim the bump to create a flat surface. Cut each madeleine in half horizontally and place cut-side up on a baking sheet. Broil until toasted and brown, 3 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Spread a heaping teaspoon of the chocolate mixture evenly over the bottom half of a madeleine, sprinkle with hazelnuts. Place the top half on the hazelnuts and press gently. Dip the assembled madeleine halfway in the chocolate mixture, then place on a tray. Continue with the rest of the madeleines. Refrigerate until completely cool and the chocolate has hardened slightly, 30 minutes.
- Serve alongside Bourbon Milk if desired.