Chocolate Hazelnut Grilled Pineapple
Giada De Laurentiis
- 2 pineapples, (peeled, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices and core removed)
- Olive oil
- 2/3 cup mascarpone cheese, (room temperature)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread, (such as Pariani*)
- 3 tablespoons chopped toasted hazelnuts
- Prepare the outdoor barbecue to medium-high heat. If you do not have a barbecue, you can use an indoor grill pan set to medium high heat. Lightly oil the grill. Grill the pineapple slices until heated through and beginning to brown, about 3 minutes per side. It's important to leave the pineapples on the grill, untouched so that you can create the grill marks.
- While the pineapples are cooking, whisk the mascarpone and vanilla in a small bowl to blend. Set aside.
- Transfer the pineapple slices to a large platter. Drizzle the chocolate-hazelnut spread on top.
- Dollop the mascarpone mixture atop. Sprinkle with the hazelnuts and serve.
- Cook',s Note: If using Pariani, the chocolate hazelnut spread will be a drizzle-able consistency already. If using Nutella or another chocolate hazelnut spread that is thicker in consistency, scoop it into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 15-second intervals until it reaches the right consistency.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 51 grams
- 5 grams
- 20 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 12 grams
- 25 milligrams
- 24 milligrams
- 6 grams
- 39 grams
- Unsaturated Fat
- 3 grams