Calabrian Chili Popcorn
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 4 tablespoons 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon Calabrian chili paste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada Entertains: Dog Park Picnic.
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the oil and the popcorn kernels and cover the pan. Cook, shaking occasionally, until the kernels have popped and the popping has slowed to 1 or 2 every second or so. Pour the popcorn into a large bowl. To the hot pan, add the butter and swirl until melted. Add the chili paste and stir to combine. Drizzle the mixture over the popcorn and toss well to coat. Season with the salt and serve.