Whipped Ricotta Salad
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese (chilled)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts (toasted)
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes (halved or quartered depending on size)
- 18 snap peas (cleaned and cut in half (about 1/4 pound))
- 3 cups baby arugula
For the Whipped Ricotta:
For the Dressing:
For the Salad:
- Originally seen on Giada At Home, Episode: Springtime In Italy.
- For the whipped ricotta: Place the ricotta, olive oil and salt in a food processor. Blend until light and smooth, about 30 seconds. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- For the dressing: Place the basil, pine nuts, vinegar, salt and pepper flakes in a food processor. With the motor running, drizzle in the olive oil to form a smooth dressing. Set aside.
- For the salad: In a bowl, toss the tomatoes, snap peas and arugula with the dressing.
- To assemble: Spread the whipped ricotta on the bottom of a platter. Place the dressed salad on top of the ricotta, leaving some of the cheese exposed around the edges. Serve.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 5 grams
- 6 grams
- 16 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 5 grams
- 21 milligrams
- 243 milligrams
- 1 grams
- 2 grams