Weeknight Chicken Thigh Parmesan
Giada De Laurentiis
3 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 4 skinless (bone in chicken thighs)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup jarred marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 slices provolone or mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Position a rack in the middle of the oven
- Heat a medium oven proof skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and heat for an additional minute. Dry the chicken thighs well with paper towel. Season evenly with the salt and add to the pan, meat side down. Cook for 5 minutes or until deep golden brown. Flip the thighs and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Add the marinara to the pan along with the water and stir to combine. Turn the chicken in the sauce to coat. Cover the pan and place the pan in the oven and braise for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Switch the oven to high broil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the panko, remaining tablespoon of olive oil and parmesan cheese. Remove the pan from the oven and remove the lid. Place a 1/2 piece of provolone cheese on top of each chicken thigh and press the panko mixture evenly on top. Place the chicken back in the oven under the broiler for 4 to 5 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are toasted and everything is bubbly. Sprinkle with the basil and serve.