Tuscan Pork Smash Burger
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 clove garlic, (minced or microplaned)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, (chopped fine)
- 1 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, (chopped fine)
1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4-6 oz fresh Taleggio cheese, (divided into 4 even slices*)
- 4 burger buns
- About 2 cups arugula or mixed greens
- Ketchup on the side, (optional)
For The Garlic Mayo:
For The Burger Patties:
For The Assembly:
- For the garlic mayo: To a bowl, add the mayonnaise, fresh rosemary leaves, and clove of minced or microplaned garlic. Add ½ teaspoon salt, to taste. Cover and set aside to let the flavors marry.
- For the burgers: In a medium-large bowl, mix the fresh herbs into the ground pork. Form the beef into 4 even ball-shaped portions, about 4 ounces each. Sprinkle them evenly on all sides with the salt.
- Heat a grill pan or large skillet over medium-high until hot, about 2 minutes. Add the olive oil to the pan. Working in batches if necessary to not over-crowd the pan, place the portions on the griddle. With a spatula, immediately smash the burgers down flat. Cook undisturbed for about 3-4 minutes, or until the outer edges of the patties look a deep golden brown. Flip the patties, and top each with a slice of taleggio cheese (or your cheese of choice). Continue to cook for 3 minutes longer, until the cheese is beginning to melt and the other side of the patties are golden brown.
- Transfer the burgers to a plate to allow them to rest, and lower the heat on the stove to medium. Take the burger buns, and place them in the pan cut-side down. Grill for about 30 seconds or until golden and crispy around the bottom edges, being careful not to burn the bread.
- To assemble the burgers: Spread a dollop of the mayonnaise mixture on the tops and bottoms of the toasted buns. To the bottom buns, add a handful of arugula. Place the patties on top. Serve with ketchup if desired.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 23 grams
- 29 grams
- 57 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 18 grams
- Trans Fat
- 1 grams
- 116 milligrams
- 1666 milligrams
- 1 grams
- 3 grams