Stir-Fried Ginger Tempeh
Giada De Laurentiis
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic (smashed)
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 3 tablespoons water
- 8 ounces tempeh (diced in ¬æ-inch cubes)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 carrots (peeled and sliced thin)
- 1 shallot (minced)
- ¼ pound snap peas (cleaned and halved)
- 1 red bell pepper (sliced into ¼-inch strips)
- ‚Öõ teaspoon kosher salt Brown rice (to serve)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, agave, and water. Add the tempeh and toss to coat well. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and heat a few seconds more. Using a slotted spoon, remove the tempeh from the marinade and add it to the hot pan. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring often until golden brown around the edges.
- Add the carrots and shallot and cook for another 3 minutes, stirring often with the wooden spoon. Add the peas and red pepper and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Add the marinade to the pan and stir to coat all of the vegetables in the sauce. Simmer for 2 minutes, season with the salt, and spoon over the brown rice.