Steamed Shrimp And Clam Pasta
1 pound spaghetti pasta
1 (24-ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup torn basil
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus more serve
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound New Zealand clams or cockles, rinsed and scrubbed
- 1 cup torn Italian parsley leaves
Drizzle of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season generously with kosher salt. Add the pasta and cook, stirring often until just al dente, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large braiser or saucepan with a matching lid, combine the marinara and basil. Add 1/2 cup of pasta water to the sauce jar and rinse any remaining sauce out of the jar and add to the pan as well. When the pasta is ready, use tongs to remove the pasta from the water directly to the sauce. Sprinkle the bare pasta with the parmesan cheese and toss well to combine. Add the shrimp and clams and parsley along with a drizzle of olive oil and toss again.
Place a lid on the braiser pan, and bake until the shrimp are cooked through, and the clams are open, 14 to 18 minutes. Serve with more cheese and olive oil if desired.