You must be signed in to print this content
Steak Skewers with Parsley Sauce
Giada De Laurentiis
- 3 cups fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black peppers
1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds beef filet (cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 40 cubes))
- Vegetable or canola oil (for the grill)
- 40 cherry tomatoes (about 2 pints)
- In the bowl of a food processor, blend together the parsley, garlic, vinegar, red pepper flakes, sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, until smooth. With the machine running, gradually add the olive oil and process until incorporated. Spoon half of the sauce into a medium bowl. Spoon the remaining sauce in a small serving bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Put the beef in the medium bowl with the parsley sauce. Toss well to coat the beef. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 3 hours.
- Place a grill pan over medium high heat, or preheat a gas or charcoal grill. Lightly oil the grill pan or the grilling rack with vegetable oil.
- Thread the skewers starting with a cherry tomato, then a cube of beef. Repeat with another cherry tomato, another cube of beef, and then repeat one more time. Continue with the remaining skewers. Grill the skewers for 2 to 3 minutes on each side (for medium-rare) or until desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, arrange the beef skewers on a serving platter. Drizzle with the reserved parsley sauce or serve the sauce on the side as a condiment.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 7 grams
- 23 grams
- 45 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 15 grams
- 79 milligrams
- 86 milligrams
- 2 grams
- 4 grams