You must be signed in to print this content
Spaghetti With Red And Yellow Peppers
Giada De Laurentiis
- 3 large red bell peppers
- 3 large yellow bell peppers
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large shallots (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups reduced sodium chicken or vegetable broth
1 pund pasta, such as Spaghetti Chitarra or Vermicelli Lunghi
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- Preheat the broiler. Cover a baking sheet with foil. Arrange the bell peppers on the baking sheet and broil until the skins brown and blister, turning the peppers occasionally, about 20 minutes. Enclose the peppers in a resealable plastic bag and set aside until cooled to room temperature. Peel and seed the cooled peppers and cut them into strips.
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the shallots and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the pepper strips, salt and pepper and saute for 5 minutes. Add the wine and chicken broth and continue cooking over low heat for 20 minutes, or until the peppers are very soft.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain.
- Add the pasta, parsley and Parmesan cheese to the pepper sauce, stir to combine and coat the pasta. Serve.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 24 grams
- 8 grams
- 13 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 3 grams
- 8 milligrams
- 369 milligrams
- 5 grams
- 8 grams