You must be signed in to print this content
Spaghetti alla Carrettiera
1/3 cup, plus 2 tablespoons, garlic infused olive oil
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided, plus more for the water
1 pound spaghetti pasta
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup freshly grated pecorino romano cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped Italian parsley
- Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of the oil to the pan along with the breadcrumbs. Stir immediately to coat the panko in the oil. Season with the salt. Cook, stirring and flipping often, until the breadcrumbs are lightly toasted and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Remove to a plate, season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and allow to cool.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Season generously with salt. Cook the pasta until al dente according to package directions, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl combine the remaining 1/3 cup garlic oil, the red pepper flakes and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir to combine. When the pasta is ready, use tongs to remove the pasta directly from the water to the bowl with the oil. Add 1/2 cup pasta water and sprinkle with 1/2 cup pecorino cheese. Toss well to coat, adding more pasta water as needed, up to 3/4 cup more, creating a lightly creamy sauce. Serve, topped with the breadcrumbs, parsley and remaining 1/2 cup pecorino cheese.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 61 grams
- 17 grams
- 8 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 4 grams
- 23 milligrams
- 328 milligrams
- 3 grams
- 2 grams