You must be signed in to print this content
Smoked Trout Frittata
Giada De Laurentiis
- 8 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (at room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bulb fennel (chopped fine)
- 1 shallot (chopped fine)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- One 4-ounce fillet smoked trout (flaked, skin and bones removed)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves (torn)
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada Entertains. Episode: Giada's Midnight Jam.
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and cream together until completely smooth. Set aside.
- Heat an ovenproof 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil, heat for a few seconds. Add the fennel and shallots, cook until the fennel has softened, 3 minutes. Season with the salt and add the tomatoes and trout, cook for another minute. Pour the egg mixture over the trout and let cook undisturbed for 1 minute. Using a rubber spatula, lightly scrape the bottom of the pan to bring up some of the cooked egg. Repeat 3 times. Evenly spread the mixture in the pan--the top will still be liquid--and dot the top with the basil and goat cheese.
- Broil until the frittata is cooked through and lightly browned on top, 3 to 4 minutes. Let cool slightly before slicing and serving.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 7 grams
- 15 grams
- 23 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 9 grams
- 279 milligrams
- 450 milligrams
- 2 grams
- 4 grams