You must be signed in to print this content
Roasted Trout With Hazelnut Gremolata
dinner Main Course
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1/4 cup toasted, skinless hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, (from 1/2 a lemon)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest, (from about 1 lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- One 8-ounce package cremini mushrooms, (cleaned and sliced 1/3 inch thick)
- 1 small delicata squash, (about 8 ounces, halved lengthwise, seeds removed and sliced crosswise in 1/4-inch-thick pieces)
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, (divided)
- 4 rainbow trout fillets
For The Gremolata:
For The Fish:
- Position an oven rack in the top third of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F.
- For the gremolata: In a small bowl, combine the parsley, hazelnuts, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest and the salt. Mix well to combine.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the mushrooms, squash, 1 tablespoon of the oil, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Spread the mixture on a rimmed baking sheet and roast for 12 minutes or until the squash is tender and beginning to brown. Remove the vegetables from the oven and preheat the broiler to high.
- Using a sharp knife, make 3 diagonal slashes on the skin side of each trout fillet. Season the fillets evenly with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and rub each one with 1/2 teaspoon of the oil.
- Place the fillets, skin side up, on top of the roasted vegetables. Broil for 8 to 9 minutes or until the skin is lightly browned and crisp and the flesh is cooked through but still moist.
- Place some of the vegetables on each serving plate and top with the fish. Serve topped with the gremolata.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 11 grams
- 2 grams
- 22 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 3 grams
- 1 milligrams
- 877 milligrams
- 2 grams
- 3 grams
- Unsaturated Fat
- 18 grams