You must be signed in to print this content
Roasted Fennel with Parmesan
Giada De Laurentiis
- 4 large bulbs fennel (trimmed and cut horizontally into 1/4-inch slices, fronds reserved)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- 1 clove garlic (sliced)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup olive oil (plus for oiling the baking dish)
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- As seen on: Giada's Holiday Handbook, Episode 4. Santa's Grab Bag.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil a 13-by-9-by-2-inch glass baking dish.
- Arrange the fennel in the baking dish. Sprinkle with the salt, lemon zest and garlic. Top with the Parmesan and drizzle with the oil. Bake until the fennel is fork-tender and golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- Chop enough of the reserved fennel fronds to equal 2 teaspoons. Sprinkle the roasted fennel with the chopped fronds and the pomegranate seeds.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 16 grams
- 7 grams
- 16 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 4 grams
- 8 milligrams
- 521 milligrams
- 6 grams
- 8 grams