You must be signed in to print this content
Roasted Banana And Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Giada De Laurentiis
- 2 medium (ripe bananas)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup refined coconut oil, (warmed and cooled slightly)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy unsweetened peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons creamy unsweetened peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon refined coconut oil
For The Cupcakes:
For The Glaze:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
- For the cupcakes: Place the bananas on a rimmed baking sheet and pierce each banana 3 times with the tip of a knife. Roast, unpeeled, until the skin is completely black and the flesh is soft, about 25 minutes. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Peel the bananas and place them in a medium bowl. Discard the peels. Mash the bananas with the back of a fork until smooth. Using the fork, stir in the egg, coconut oil, sugar, peanut butter, vanilla and salt. Mix well until smooth and fully incorporated. Add the almond flour, oat flour, baking soda and almond milk. Continue to stir with the fork until the mixture is smooth and all of the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Using an ice cream scoop, divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the tin for 15 minutes before removing the cupcakes to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- For the glaze: In a medium bowl combine the chocolate chips, peanut butter and coconut oil. Place over a double boiler and stir until just a few chocolate chips remain. Remove the bowl from the heat and continue to stir until fully melted. Drizzle the chocolate mixture over the cooled cupcakes. Allow to cool for 1 hour before serving.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 19 grams
- 4 grams
- 10 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 3 grams
- Trans Fat
- 1 grams
- 16 milligrams
- 326 milligrams
- 2 grams
- 10 grams
- Unsaturated Fat
- 3 grams