You must be signed in to print this content
Red Rice Salad
Main Course Salad
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, (such as Fratepietro)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 oranges
- 1 Persian cucumber (sliced)
- 1 bulb fennel (halved and thinly shaved)
- 1 small head radicchio (quartered and thinly sliced)
- 1 cup red rice (cooked according to package directions and cooled (about 2 cups))
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves (torn)
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada Entertains. Episode: Potluck Party.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, olive oil and salt.
- Using a paring knife, cut off the top and bottom of the oranges. Set each orange on an end and cut away the peel and pith, working top to bottom. Then cut along the membranes to free the segments. Add the segments to the bowl. Squeeze the juice from the membranes into the bowl and discard the membranes.
- Add the cucumber, fennel, radicchio, rice and basil to the bowl. Toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to let the flavors marry. Let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 25 grams
- 2 grams
- 6 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 1 grams
- 184 milligrams
- 2 grams
- 3 grams