Giada De Laurentiis
1 tablespoon olive oil (plus 1 teaspoon to grease the pan)
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage (casing removed)
- 4 1/2 cups jarred marinara sauce (about 1 ½ 24 ounce jars)
- 2 pounds frozen cheese ravioli (thawed (about 24 ravioli))
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Brush a 9 x 13 inch pan with 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and the sausage and cook, breaking up the sausage into bite sized pieces with the back of a wooden spoon, until the sausage is beginning to brown, about 8 minutes. Add the marinara and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
- Spoon a third of the sauce mixture over the bottom of the pan. Place a layer of ravioli on top of the sauce. Spoon half of the remaining sauce on top of the ravioli. Sprinkle the sauce with 1 cup of mozzarella and 1/2 cup of parmesan. Repeat with another layer of ravioli. Top with the remaining sauce, mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes or bubbling around the edges. Switch the oven to broil and broil on high for 3 to 4 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown. Allow the lasagna to sit for 10 minutes before serving.