- 4 (1 1/2 inch) slices of ciabatta or other white bread, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes, about 6 cups
1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (1/2-pound) ball of fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1 (3-ounce) package sliced pepperoni, cut into strips
1/2 cup sliced green olives
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 (12-ounce) container cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 cup torn basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a rimmed baking sheet toss together the bread cubes with 1/4 cup olive oil, the parmesan cheese and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Mix well to coat the bread evenly. Toast the bread in the oven, stirring halfway through, until golden brown and crunchy on the outside but still slightly chewy on the inside, about 14 minutes. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl whisk together the white wine vinegar, honey, oregano, and pepper flakes. While whisking, drizzle in the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil until smooth and combined. Season with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. To the dressing add the mozzarella, pepperoni, green and black olives and tomatoes. Toss well to coat. Add the croutons, arugula and basil and toss well to coat and combine.